There are many questions we receive about our Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, and Double Doodles, thus, we have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions and tried to answer them as best as possible. If you have more questions you’d like to ask, feel free to contact us.
What’s the difference between Goldendoodles and Labradoodles?
Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, and Double Doodles are all hybrid breeds of a Golden Retriever + Poodle / Labrador Retriever + Poodle / Goldendoodle + Labradoodle, and from our experience, we’ve found that these three breeds are more alike than not.
All three Doodle breeds are…
- Highly social and intelligent
- Great with families, especially with young children
- Very affectionate and loyal
- Energetic, needing regular exercise + attention
- Similar in size, depending on parents
- Non-shedding / low shedding coats
- Most commonly hypoallergenic
The only noticeable difference worth mentioning is that Goldendoodles tend to have wavier, longer coats as Labradoodles have more of a tighter curly coat. And Double Doodles are beautifully inbetween!
What types of doodles do you offer?
- F1B Goldendoodles ( 75% Poodle + 25% Golden Retriever)
- Multi-generational Labradoodles / F2B (75% Poodle + 25% Labrador)
- Doubledoodles (50% Goldendoodle + 50% Labradoodle)
How much are your doodles?
All of our Goldendoodles, Labradoodles, and Double Doodles are $1600 each.
What is included in this price?
Every puppy goes home with…
- All shots + de-wormings given through 7/8-weeks old
- Vet checked + puppy record + a few helpful informational sheets
- 2-year genetic health guarantee
- A starter bag of puppy food, poop bags + potty pads
- Some chew toys + training treats
- And a special puppy pack including a soft, transitional blanket that smells like momma as well as a few other goodies to enjoy!
What is your puppy application/selection process?
Here are the steps to take if interested in adopting one of our puppies:
- Complete + submit a puppy application (Why do we do this? Simply because we like to get to know you just like you get to know us!)
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, we’ll call (usually within 24/48 hrs) to chat once on the phone to find out what you’re looking for in a doodle/which litter you’re most interested in as well as get to know you a little more.
- Once a momma’s pregnancy is confirmed, we’ll send out an email (to those on our email wait list!) to announce the exciting news + see who all is interested in the upcoming litter! And we go by email response + date of application for a certain number of puppy spots!
- When puppies are around 4-weeks-old, we have you come to our home to meet us, our mommas, and to pick out your special puppy!
- And finally, around seven/eight weeks old, puppies go to their forever homes! This is a fun and special day for everyone.
How do I reserve a puppy?
After your puppy application has been reviewed and accepted, a $300 deposit (via cash/check) is required to reserve a puppy. Your deposit goes towards your total payment and will be deducted from the amount due on your puppy pick-up day.
Are deposits refundable?
Unfortunately, they are not. The purpose of a deposit given early-on establishes our commitment to you that we’ll hold a special puppy for you and also confirms your promise to us in that you’re committing to adopt one of our puppies.
Can we come and visit our puppy?
Absolutely! We think it’s so important to come and meet your sweet puppy once (and it’s momma!) before final pick up day! With that being said, we are a busy young family so visiting days are pre-selected but we’ll try to arrange a time that works well for everyone!
When can we bring our puppy home?
When puppies are 7/8 weeks old, they go to their forever homes!
What all do I need for my doodle?
These are essential…
- A collar & leash (don’t forget an ID tag as well!)
- Crate + pad
- Food & water bowls
- Shampoo & comb
- Chew toys
And these are a bit more optional…
- Dog bed
- Food container and scoop
- Grooming tools
- Vitamins & supplements
Where are you located?
We are thankful to call Kirkland, Washington home.
We live at a distance. Do you ship your puppies?
Unfortunately, we do not. In seeking to uphold the welfare of our puppies first and foremost, we have chosen to opt out of shipping our puppies. Although, we do passionately believe that the Pacific Northwest is a wonderful place to visit (especially during the summertime) and you’re more than welcome to come to us, pick up your puppy, and make a fun vacation out of it! Traveling with your family as a carry-on is way less traumatic than being transported as cargo for any precious puppy.
How can we find out about upcoming litters?
The best and most convenient way to find out about our upcoming litters is to sign up for our email newsletter. This serves as both a detailed announcement (that you won’t find anywhere else) + waiting list so you’ll be able to have a first pick of the new litter as we work off a first-come-first-serve basis.